These onions are so versatile and can be added to nearly any salad.
- 1 medium to large red onion
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Maldon
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Thinly slice the red onion and place it in a medium size mixing bowl. Add Maldon, pepper, white sesame seeds and black sesame seeds. Toss the ingredients until they are combined. Add the white vinegar and toss to combine. You may need to adjust the amount of vinegar you use depending on how big the red onion is, the vinegar should mostly cover the sliced onion. Transfer to a glass jar or container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Onions can be kept for one week in the refrigerator. (we highly doubt they will last that long.)